Recent Posts & Coming Soon
Maud&Mum share what they’ve learned. Read top to bottom or choose what you’re interested in here.
Contents (with links) and ‘coming soon’ (in plain copy which will convert to links in future weeks) include:
- deciding to move in together
- helping elders move and settle into a new home
- helpful books about caring
- why a care plan is important and how to do one (copy mine)
- mobility and living assistance equipment you may need
- practical style for elders and their carers
- a list of links to Oxon and Bucks older adult service providers
- making your home dementia friendly
- continence and tips to support
- what to do if your elder needs hospital admission
- recruiting a private domiciliary / home care company
- importance of communication with your care workers
- finding a care home
- getting some financial support
- getting (free) help from your GP, other health staff and NHS continuous healthcare
- benefits for Bucks Carers and businesses that support carers
- the importance of dental and oral health
- sustaining our elders’ wellbeing, nutrition and other helpful tips
- why fall prevention is so important
- staying cool in a heat wave
- capturing a life’s story
- are you a carer?
- building a support network and looking after YOU
- what is a carer support group like?
- quick stress de-fusing tips for carers
- maintaining a social life
- local knowledge for Bucks carers
- can we ‘self-help’ to slow or even prevent dementia?
As seen in ‘Closer’ and ‘My Weekly’