Discounts & Offers
Local enterprises who make life a little easier for elders and their carers are showcased here.
Note: no payment is taken for listing here. We may not personally use and endorse these enterprises. If we do, we’ll specifically say so.
Memory books by KraftyKate. Cherished ‘reminiscent’ keepsakes for older relatives are particularly meaningful for those living with dementia. Conversations about family and friends, milestones, places, hobbies, certificates, treasured possessions, career, poems from grandchildren and so on and so on provide material. Kate clearly has a way of coaxing out the things that make us uniquely wonderful. A wonderful gift idea.Prices are around £25 – £50 per book, depending on the amount of detail, timing and postage. Click here / email firstname.lastname@example.org, facebook or phone Kate on 0780 742 1432. (Kate also makes personalised place mats showing special memories that encourage care home residents to share and socialise at meal times).
Curry in a jar. Need inspiration for wholesome, tempting home cooked meals? Seeking authentic tasting curry without the faff? Giz offers her sugar and gluten free, vegan dry spice blends in recyclable jars. Easy recipes included. I can vouch for the dhansak and ‘fish fry’ (yum). Use code MAUD10 at check out on Ghazala’s website mamadorskitchen for 10% off any order.
Foot health. Sophie from the Think Feet clinic in Long Crendon does home visits and offers all new clients 10% off their first treatment and a free foot file. Just quote ‘Maud & Mum’. See ‘book online’ page for prices. Sophie ‘does’ Marj’s feet now. She’s very kind and very thorough.
Waterside Theatre Aylesbury. So impressed by how committed they are to an open and inclusive programme for all Aylesbury Vale residents. Keep an eye on their facebook and instagram pages for special performances for those living with dementia and their carers.
Carers Bucks Discount Card
Here is some extra help for Bucks carers from thoughtful local businesses, administered by Carers Bucks.
If you register with Carers Bucks and then apply for a Discount Card, this entitles you to offers from the following businesses (correct at date of publication). Please check the accompanying booklet that comes with your Discount Card for full terms and conditions.
Grooming and wellbeing
- Amici Hair Salon, Aylesbury – 20% off all services except Keratin Treatments
- Harmonise Holistic Therapies, Chesham – 10% off
- Julia Durrant Massage Magic, Aylesbury – 20% off
- Phoenix Personal Training, High Wycombe – 30% off
- Rush Fitness Aylesbury – 20% off, off-peak membership
- Russell James Salon, Chalfont St Giles – reduced rates
- The Salon at Prestwood – 10% off
- Stoke Mandeville Stadium Leisure Centre – reduced rates
- Daisy and Kit Jewellery – 10% off website orders
- Lloyds Pharmacy – 10% off in store (exceptions apply)
- PE Meads and Sons, Tring – 10% off
- Whirlpool UK Appliances Ltd – extra 15% off via their Privilege Purchase Club
- Black Horse Pub, Great Missenden – 10% off
- Cafe Africa, Amersham – 10% off
- The Cake Centre, High Wycombe – 10% off
- Chartridge Lodge, Chesham – 10% off
- Frankie and Benny’s, Aylesbury – 20% off Sun-Fri
- The Gamekeepers Lodge, Chesham – 10% off
- The Grocer at 15 and 91, Amersham – 10% off
- The Perch, Marlow – 10% off
- The Swan, Amersham – 25% off
- Wycombe Heights Golf Club (food and drinks in Cafe) – 10% off
- Bucks Angels – 10% off
- Bucks Goat Centre – free admission with one full paying adult
- Colonel Custard (kids entertainment) – 10% off
- Hollywood Bowl, High Wycombe – 50% off
- Virgin Experience Days – 20% off
Holidays / travel
- A Plan Insurance, Aylesbury – reduced rate
- Fleet Elite Fleet Management – cash back.
- LPA Consultants – 10% off
- Scott’s Roofing Ltd – reduced rate
- Wills In English – 10% off
Do get in touch if you’re an elder and/or carer friendly enterprise.
More coming soon.